Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Currently

Remember a couple of weeks ago I posted three times in a week? I have a bunch of ideas for posts that I was going to write ahead of time and schedule written down in a notebook, but they haven't happened yet. So here's a "currently".


Watching: I tried watching The Keepers but I had to stop because it was too disturbing for me. So guess what--we're watching The Office again.

Listening to: Dear Evan Hansen. I want to see this musical so badly.

I've also found myself listening to podcasts more than music lately. Particularly Anna Faris Is Unqualified. I think Anna Faris is hilarious and a great actress. She has all kinds of different guests and after a few different "getting to know you" segments, they take callers with relationship issues and give them their advice...unqualified, obviously. Some of the episodes can get pretty vulgar but for the most part it's pretty entertaining.

Enjoying: Jackson is starting to roll over. It's awesome and hilarious. I love watching him pull his legs up and just kind of fall to the side before he pushes himself onto his belly. He's still working on getting from his belly to his back.

Excited for: One of my oldest and closest friends is coming to visit this week. I haven't seen her since her wedding last year and I can't wait!!

I'm also excited to get back into my classroom. I have a lot to do but I'm looking forward to being back. I bought a fresh new planner and ordered a bunch of classroom stuff which is always fun. Ask me again in August.

Trying: To wean Jackson off of being swaddled. So far it's going okay (knock on ALL THE WOOD!!!). The sleepsack swaddle thing has been amazing for transitioning.

Surprised by: I did something very unlike me last week. I'm an introvert supreme, and introducing myself or starting any kind of social interaction has never been my thing. Anyway, there's a lady who has started coming to our church that I recognized from two of the childbirth classes that I took at the hospital, so I went up and introduced myself and started a conversation with her. What?? Who am I?! It turns out that her baby was born just a couple of days after Jackson and she was in the room next door to us while we were in the hospital.

I also went to knit night at the yarn shop in town. I packed up one of my projects and walked into their little knitting group and asked if I could join them. I sat with them for an hour or so just knitting and chatting. It was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to going back again.

Maybe next week. I need to recharge after all of that socializing.














3 comments:

  1. WHOA. I am so impressed with that kind of socialization! I introduced myself to my new neighbor last month and honestly shocked myself. I've always wanted to go to one of those knitting get togethers. My mom was in a knitting group for years and met some of her closest friends that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, we are watching a lot of The Office around these parts, too. Except we've seen it so many times from start to finish that now we're just blindly picking episodes at random to watch.

    We really need to try swaddling Imogen. She loves having her hands by her face and sleeps with her fists by her ears all the time, but then she also flails and hits herself a lot when she is fussy and trying to go to sleep. We tried once or twice to swaddle and she screamed and I almost cried and couldn't take it so we quit trying...I might have to just go to another room and let Isaiah handle the swaddling until she calms down. Her tearless cries are just heartbreaking!!

    I am so impressed with your foray into extrovertedness. I'm absolutely awful at that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for being bold and doing new things! I've thought about going to a knitting night before but I'd be worried I'd be the only pre-menopausal person there.

    I'm curious, how does someone so introverted decide to become a teacher?

    ReplyDelete