Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Some Baby Rambling and Some Pictures

Do you know that according to Wonder Weeks there is a developmental leap that happens around 19 weeks? Also, do you have any coffee?
This boy woke up around 3:30 this morning. He went back to sleep at 5:30. We spent two hours playing "I'm going to pretend I'm asleep in your arms, but then pop my eyes open and roll around in my crib as soon as you put me down". I dragged myself back to bed and turned on an episode of The Office when I couldn't fall asleep and finally drifted off half an hour later or so. My adorable little alarm clock was ready to rock and roll again at 6:30. After a diaper change and a bottle, he was happy as can be and bouncing around in his exersaucer while I held my eyelids open with one hand and clutched a coffee mug with the other.

                    
In other baby news, the pediatrician gave us the go-ahead to start introducing solid foods. We are doing something called Baby Led Weaning, so no baby food or purees or spoon feeding. Just soft, easy-to-grab, finger foods cut to about the size and shape of a french fry. Of course, he is still getting his nutrients from formula so at this point he's just exploring things. We started by keeping him in his high chair at the table with us instead of taking turns eating while the other one took care of the baby. We let him have a spoon and fork on his tray first, then gave him some banana pieces that he could grab. He got the spoon right into his mouth, but isn't quite sure about the banana thing yet. Next up is sweet potatoes.


He's been enjoying sitting up straight. Like in this swing. Or on the couch, modeling the socks I knit for him last Christmas. He likes to sit in the stroller part of the stroller instead of the car seat attached to the top, and sitting up in the high chair instead of leaned back. Rolling over is new. Not from tummy to back yet, but from back to tummy. Then he gets stuck and mad that he can't get back. 

The best thing though, is that he has started laughing. Which means I now spend my time making silly faces and sounds trying to get him to giggle because it's my favorite sound in the world. 



2 comments:

  1. He is such a handsome boy! And so cute in his swing and high chair. I love the idea of baby led weaning, though I heard they tend to gag on the food a lot (normal) as they learn to move it around their mouth and I'm not looking forward to that anxiety, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know it's wrong to feel a two day old solids? I'm pretty sure that's what you're doing because I swear he was just born two days ago and how is he so big???

    I see no helmet in that picture. Does that mean he won't need it much longer?

    I love how happy and cheeky he looks, like he's always playing a joke on you. He's so stinking adorable. And chunky!

    ReplyDelete